Canada's Economic Action Plan
Success the West is Talking About
View the print version: PDF (134KB)
Canada’s Economic Action Plan (EAP) is working and is helping Canadians through these fragile economic times. Since July 2009, the EAP has helped to create over 560,000 jobs across Canada.
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is responsible for the delivery of key EAP programs in Western Canada and has made significant progress in delivering results for western communities, industries and businesses.
WD has worked closely with project proponents to deliver funding under the Community Adjustment Fund (CAF) and the Recreational Infrastructure Canada (RInC) program.
Community Adjustment Fund
- More than $292 million of CAF funding was committed to 314 projects across the West.
- The federal commitment has leveraged an additional investment of over $228 million from other sources.
- More than $244 million has been spent to date and 139 projects are complete.*
Recreational Infrastructure Canada
- Over $148 million in RInC funding was committed to 718 projects in Western Canada.
- The federal commitment has leveraged an additional investment of over $415 million from other sources.
- More than $100 million has already flowed to clients and 363 projects are complete.*
*Current to March 31, 2011.